Titanium Alloy Valve Futures
Titanium alloys are alloys that contain a mixture of titanium and other chemical elements. Such alloys have very high tensile strength and toughness (even at extreme temperatures). They are light in weight, have extraordinary corrosion resistance and the ability to withstand extreme temperatures. However, the high cost of both raw materials and processing limit their use to military applications, aircraft, spacecraft, bicycles, medical devices, jewelry, highly stressed components such as connecting rods on expensive sports cars and some premium sports equipment and consumer electronics.
- Titanium is as strong as steel but much less dense. It is therefore important as an alloying agent with many metals including aluminium, molybdenum and iron. These alloys are mainly used in aircraft, spacecraft and missiles because of their low density and ability to withstand extremes of temperature. They are also used in golf clubs, laptops, bicycles and crutches.
- Power plant condensers use titanium pipes because of their resistance to corrosion. Because titanium has excellent resistance to corrosion in seawater, it is used in desalination plants and to protect the hulls of ships, submarines and other structures exposed to seawater.
- Titanium metal connects well with bone, so it has found surgical applications such as in joint replacements (especially hip joints) and tooth implants.
- The largest use of titanium is in the form of titanium(IV) oxide. It is extensively used as a pigment in house paint, artists’ paint, plastics, enamels and paper. It is a bright white pigment with excellent covering power. It is also a good reflector of infrared radiation and so is used in solar observatories where heat causes poor visibility.
- Titanium(IV) oxide is used in sunscreens because it prevents UV light from reaching the skin. Nanoparticles of titanium(IV) oxide appear invisible when applied to the skin.
Titanium Alloy Valve Futures:
- Titanium valve not only good corrosion resistance, but also light weight, high mechanical strength.
- Titanium valve in the atmosphere, fresh water, sea water, high temperature steam almost no corrosion.
- Titanium valve in aqua regia, chlorine water, hypochlorous acid, wet chlorine and other media have a good corrosion resistance.
- Titanium valves are also very resistant to corrosion in alkaline media.
- Titanium valve has very strong chloride ion (CI) resistance and excellent chloride ion corrosion resistance.
- The corrosion resistance of titanium valve in organic acid depends on the size of reducing or oxidizing acid.
- Corrosion resistance of titanium valve in reducing acid depends on whether there is corrosion inhibitor in the medium.
Titanium Alloy Valve Applications:
The high specific strength and corrosion resistance of titanium and titanium alloy provide a vast space for its application in the field of aerospace. Only in terms of valve types, titanium valves are widely used in various pipelines on aircraft, including regulating valves, globe valves, check valves, needle valves, plug valves, ball valves, butterfly valves, etc. Pure titanium and titanium alloy TI-6Al-4V are common titanium materials used in valves.
In chlor-alkali projects, punta, synthetic ammonia and ethylene project, such as nitric acid, acetic acid projects involving strong corrosive medium, and environmental projects, common metals such as stainless steel, copper, aluminum and so on the corrosion resistance of hard to satisfy the use requirement, must use the more superior titanium alloy corrosion, control and adjust the position of the medium transmission line must use titanium valve.
Russia is one of the earliest countries in the world to develop titanium alloy for ships and the most in-depth research. From 1960s to 1980s, Russia produced a series of attack submarines, including the “Alpha” class submarine with 3000T titanium and the “Typhoon” class submarine with 9000T titanium. A large number of titanium alloy pipes and valves are used in its seawater system.
Nuclear power Plants
As nuclear power plants are built along the coast, titanium valves are widely used in nuclear power projects due to their excellent seawater corrosion resistance, including safety valves, pressure reducing valves, globe valves, diaphragm valves, ball valves, etc.
In addition, as a special medium and fluid control necessities in the environment, titanium valve is also widely used in the paper industry, food and pharmaceutical manufacturing and other fields, and the future market is very broad.
Titanium Alloy Material Grades:
ZTA1, ZTA2, ZTA3, ZTA9, ZTA10, ZTC4
TA1, TA2, TA3, TA9, TA10, TC4
Titanium Gr2, Gr3, Gr5, Gr6, Gr7, Gr12
Titanium GrC2, GrC3, GrC5, GrC6, Ti-Pd7B, GrC12
Titanium GrF2, Gr3F, GrF5, GrF6, GrF7, GrF12